Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sushi Taiyo 58 East Ontario Street Chicago IL www.taiyochicago.com/

Sushi Taiyo 58 E Ontario St Chicago IL

Date of Visit: Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time: 730pm

Price: $$

Food: Great

Service: Satisfactory

I went to sushi Taiyo for a quick sushi dinner. I had visited this restuarant several times because of its proximity to my apartment. I went in and found it odd that the hostess asked me if I had reservations when there were several tables open and no need for reservations. Then the hostess looked confused when I said no we do not have reservations and another hostess came and took over. I asked to be seated as far away from the door as possible because it was very cold. I ordered hot tea to start with because I wanted to warm up. I asked the waitress for sugar for my tea and she brought me two packets of sugar for the entire pot of tea. I love the chairs in this restaurant they are some of the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in which makes it a very pleasent dining experience. The waitress unfortunately did not contribute to the pleasent dining experience. When I asked her what she would recommend from the menu she
obviously had no know knowledge of the menu and did not know what to recommend and told me to order what I like to eat. I ordered the Japanese Fried Rice ($11) which was very light but delicious. I ordered the oyshi maki signiture rolls ($12) these rolls were very good but very rich and I was full after eating them. My companion had to ask the waitress for chili sauce 4 times before she finally brought it. Then she was texted on her cell phone and would not bring us the check. Overall the atmosphere was good, a bit cold, good food but poor service.

No comments:

Post a Comment